Friday, February 13, 2009

A love letter to my husband

It's so hard to believe that we've been together for 9 yrs and 3 months. The time has flown by so very quickly. I still remember our first date. You made me feel like I was the only woman in the room, you're intense blue eyes, fixed on my face, smiling and laughing the night away. From that first night, you handled me with the softest touch, the warmest heart, the kindest words. You told me I was a flower just waiting to bloom. You told me that you wanted to help me find my smile again. Those words just sunk to my soul, because I knew that with you, I would find it again.
I have never had to put on airs with you, or pretend to be perfect, I wasn't. I had faults and flaws, but you decided early on, to never make a point of noticing. You made my heart melt so quickly for you, I felt like I was home with you.
Here it is so many years later, and I still get a little rush in my heart when you call me, or hug me, or kiss me ever so sweetly. Your strength has calmed me in my darkest days, and shown me how to love with no bounds. You've taught me what love is. Your patience, kindness, and courage through your cancer, has hopefully made me a better person for knowing you.
I'm so blessed that you're my love, my husband, my soulmate, my friend.
I love you, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment