Saturday, March 28, 2009

Stepping off point

I've been so blessed my life. Although some would look at my history, surviving a tense family life with an unhappy father, then living in a nightmarish marriage as not so blessed. I don't look back on these times with regrets anymore. Maybe it's the age. Maybe it's knowing that that's not me anymore. Whatever it is, it's been a full circle to where I am now. I have three absolutely beautiful children. All very different from one another. All very confident in who they are, and determined to " make" it in the real world, with no qualms about how others feel they "should" do. They will not ever let anyone influence what their goals are, and that just makes me so proud of them.

I don't have worldly goods to bestow on my children, but I've always tried to teach them that things are not what is important. I've tried to instill in them a love for their siblings, irregardless of their flaws/faults. I think I've succeeded so far.

I also have a wonderfully supportive husband and parents. I KNOW I've not been what they wanted/thought I'd be. Especially when I was wallowing under the fear of my first marriage. Geesh it makes someone really struggle to love you,when you're doing this to yourself. My mom and dad never waivered in their love and support. My husband is my rock! He's been the most surprising gift to me, ever since we met. It's been almost 10 yrs since we've met, and there's never been a day that we have not told each other that we love each other, and can't wait to see each other again. How do you explain that you can't barely breathe when they're not around? Through our marriage, we've faced so very trying times, including cancer and financial issues, but I still know that he's always there to support me, and I for him. There's nothing more rewarding in this world, than knowing you are human, that you can make mistakes, and that you're still loved.

One thing I've seen, following some of these amazing blogs, is that I'm not as good a writer, but the feeling in these other ones, are just so honest, and lovely. I have a lot of these same feelings for my fellow humans, and I hope that I'll learn to be as free to express them, as my children do in theirs. I'm grateful that I've been able to give them the wings, and watch them fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment