Sunday, July 5, 2009

Why I fell in love with you

You call me in to your office. You're listening to a new song. It must be special, so I sit and listen to it with you. It's a sweet love song, from a father to a daughter. As the words unfold, I notice that you turn your face away. You start swallowing hard. I notice you wipe an eye. The song sings of a father, leaving a message on his voicemail, in case you call, asking you to hurry home. You get up, and leave, facing away from me. When you return, you sit, quietly, just listening. We sit there in the quiet when the song is done. Your tender face turns to me and says, " tear jerker" then you place your face in your hands, missing the little girl that was, the beautiful, smart woman she's become. I can only hug you, and fall more in love with you at that moment. You are so strong, my rock when I'm weak, and for a brief moment, you show me that you miss her and the little girl she was. Breathe itself, couldn't stop me from loving you more than I do at this moment. Thank you for sharing your life and your love with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment