Thursday, January 29, 2009

Times are tough

My boss is worrying the hell out of me lately. I'm in sales and with the economy hurting the way it is, we're down for the year. Don't mind the fact, that every fall/winter, sales fall. Being a seasonal business is tough.
I wish I could afford to open my own business, and maybe some day I will. In the mean time, I try not to take to heart what he's saying/stressing about, and just plug on. Thank god I have a supportive husband, that always seems to know what to say to calm me down, and put me back in my "groove".
I'm even considering going to school. Would be a first for me, since high school, which has been many, many years. The exciting thing about it is that, I guess, I finally feel "grown" enough to know I could do it, if I can get the financial aid to do it.
When I was growing up, my dad was old school. You know the type, " children should be seen and not heard", so I probably didn't apply myself to my curiousity that I could have. I always had an interest in the sciences though, and was blessed to have some fantastic teachers in those courses. Maybe the future will get better, if I can pursue something I never thought I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment